Welcome to your story…
Generations of hearts have been promised, won, captured, broken, lost, found and fought for over the bar at P.J. Clarke’s. The unlikeliest of places perhaps, but some of the best love stories have begun (and ended) at our red and white checkered clothed tables over a late night Cadillac burger. The place where Maria Elena accepted Buddy Holly’s proposal of marriage; the joint where Ernest Borgnine and Ethel Merman announced their plans to get hitched (a union that famously lasted a mere 2 months) and, more recently where a marine turned restaurateur from Norristown, PA captured the heart of an English woman (a union that has happily lasted longer than the Borgnine’s).
Since we’re just a bunch of starry-eyed fools, we would like to take a minute to celebrate your most romantic moments. We want to hear your “How we met and fell in love” stories (in approximately 70 words) and don’t forget to include a photo. Between February 1st and 12th, your stories will be shared to our Instagram account, @pjclarkesphilly, where our fabulous followers will be able to vote for their favorite February 13th & 14th. The winner will be announced on February 15th and awarded a romantic dinner for two at P.J. Clarke’s Philly!
Official contest rules, terms and conditions can be found below. No purchase necessary. Must be 18 or older to enter. Offer expires 12/31/19.
Contest Terms & Conditions
1. The promoter is: P.J. Clarke’s and The Clarkes’ Group LLC whose registered office is at 601 West 26th Street, Ste. 1245, New York, NY 10001.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United States aged 18 years or over except employees of P.J. Clarke’s and The Clarkes’ Group LLC and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.instagram.com/pjclarkesphilly/
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. Closing date for entry will be Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 11:59PM EST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
1.Must follow us @pjclarkesphilly and like this post
2.Send us your photo and a short blurb (approximately 70 words), via DM or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, about your “perfect union.”
3.Entries will be accepted from 12:00 PM EST February 1st until 11:59 PM EST on February 12th and will be featured daily in our story
4.We will select our top four stories and post them here on February 13th, at which point voting will open; simply like the post of your favorite couple, and the perfect union with the most likes wins! Earn an extra vote for your favorite by sharing the post to your feed and tagging us in it as well. Voting ends at 11:59pm EST on February 14th, and the winner will be announced at 12:00pm EST on February 15th.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: a romantic meal for two (2) at P.J. Clarke’s Philadelphia, valued at $100.00 USD (does not include gratuity), expires 12/31/19. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is non-transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen on Friday, February 15, 2019 as a result of a popular vote conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram and/or letter within 24 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by American law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States of America.
18. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
19. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to P.J. Clarke’s and The Clarkes’ Group LLC and not to any other party.
22. P.J. Clarke’s’ decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
23. The entrant must be following @pjclarkesphilly on Instagram and like the initial post on February 1st on Instagram in order to enter.
24. P.J. Clarke’s shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
25. P.J. Clarke’s also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.